Yes, texting may be a great way to stay in touch. However, a hand-written letter is an amazing way to show someone you care! Many people save these types of letters forever. Plus, it’s a great way to demonstrate how much you care without leaving your Main Street Village apartments. So, grab a pen and read how you can make your snail mail special.
What Should I Write About?
The hardest part about letter writing is the actual writing. Many people don’t know what to put in an actual letter and feel intimidated by the prospect of filling up an entirely blank page. Yet, writing a letter doesn’t have to be difficult. Here are some ideas of what to write about:
- Your favorite thing about that person.
- A quote or poem you think they would enjoy.
- A favorite memory both of you share.
- Something you miss about them.
- Ask questions. Get them engaged enough to write back.
Remember it’s about quality not quantity — you don’t have to write a lot. Filling up the page shouldn’t be your priority; writing something meaningful should.
Jazzing Up Your Snail Mail
- Be sure to use neat handwriting and flourishes — it adds personality and makes for a better keepsake.
- Use colored pens and paper to write your letter — it doesn’t have to be black ink on white paper.
- Include nice photos inside the letter!
Writing letters to friends and family can foster a sense of closeness when you’re apart. You can also write to pen pals, if you like. Inquire on social media; ask if anyone wants to be pen pals. Or, better yet: send a surprise letter to someone you miss or slip a friendly note under your neighbor’s door. For more information about our apartment community, don’t hesitate to contact us today. We can arrange a virtual tour of our grounds so you can see our premium living spaces and amenities.Back to all posts